While a polished and well-coordinated office wardrobe becomes even more important inthese tumultuous times, Spring/Summer 2009 takes on a more relaxed approach when itcomes to dressing for all other occasions, whether it be hanging out on the weekend,a night on the town or a summer getaway.
Navy and white are staple colours for Spring/Summer and this season's fresh twistalso plays with shots of colour in denim, nylon jackets, polo shirts, and loads ofcolourful details in jacket linings and under collars.
Nylon bombers and short rainwear jackets are light and versatile options to providepops of colour to the nautical look, like the D&G cranberry, navy, and whitewindbreaker, or Moncler nylon jacket in navy.
Trousers in crisp white cotton, relaxed cotton/linen, and denim in light blues aregreat bases for the summer yacht club feel.
Crisp white shirts, long and short sleeve jerseys and polos are the essentials tocomplete this look. Coloured stripes, piping, and under collar details make thesecasual shirts fresh for the season.
* Canali seersucker jacket paired with crisp white cotton trousers
* BOSS Black tan trench coat worn with BOSS Black Rugby shirt and lightweight denim * D&G windbreaker provides a pop of colour
* Colourful polos with stripes, piping, gingham and under collar details complete this look
The khaki trend for spring is inspired by a safari feel, but is complementary withcity life. Earth tones like khaki, grey, ivory and white are the basis for pants andouterwear while shirts and accessories reflect the rich flavours of the Middle Eastin colours like saffron and ruby. Soft jackets are key pieces for this look that provide that comfortable yet puttogether appearance - the ultimate illusion.
* Brunello Cucinelli half lined brushed cotton suit in tan worn with a red cottonpocket square
* Etro safari travel jacket paired with Etro's wild woven shirts in paisley and floral
* BOSS Orange five pocket cargo pant with BOSS Orange five pocket jacket in tan
Rock n' Rolla
Slate, ink, and other shades of grey are the dark colour trends for thesophisticated hipster look. Not just for the guys in the band anymore, the mix ofjeans with modish items like a dark nylon trench coat or moto-inspired jacket appealto a wide audience. Denim or five pocket trousers in washes of grey or dark indigo complete this look.
* John Varvatos short moto-inspired jacket worn with a hooded jersey and clean greydenim * The Dolce & Gabbana black belted nylon trench coat is the ultimate Brit rock look
* Versace black and white gingham jacket with patch leather detailing
* A crisp white shirt is the perfect underpinning for this style
Suits and the City
Spring suits and sport jackets follow the colour trends of navy, tan and differenttones of grey with an emphasis on the pinstripe and lighter weight fabrics. Dressfurnishings are in soft and bright colours, especially eye-catching purple and lilacfor shirts and gold, emerald, and sky blue for neckwear.
* J.P Tilford two button pinstripe suit in tan paired with purple furnishings
* Canali or BOSS Black tropical weight suit in grey and blue pinstripe
* A silk or cotton pocket square is a must to complete the suit ensemble
* Prada brown leather shoe in two-tone shades and hand finished details