Sunday, December 4, 2011

BOLLINGER CHAMPAGNE CELEBRATES 100 YEARS AT WILLOW PARK WINES AND SPIRITS

The selection of Bollinger champagne for the tasting: Bollginer Special Cuvee, Bollinger Rose, Bollinger La Grande Annee Rose 2002, Bollinger La Grande Annee 2002

Our host for the evening Jason Denis, here talking about Remueur

The box for La Grand Annee 2002 (ring in 2012 with a bottle or two)

The tablescape with nibbles

Endive with shrimp

Chicken skewers

...While Downstairs at the Willow Park Wines and Sprits Champagne Festival:

Welcome to the evening, a selection of 75 sparkling wines and champagnes to try

One of the reps proudly stands behind cuvee 1868 Brut; Prosecco cuvee extra dry and rose brut

Another rep showcases Graham Beck Blac de Blancs and Graham Beck Brut

Eric Von Krosigk, Director of Winery operations at Summerhill Pyramid winery
K&S Media

A favourite of the dapper 007 James Bond himself, Bollinger is an iconic champagne brand. Celebrating 100 years of the special cuvee, Willow Park Wines and spirits hosted an intimate tasting of four great styles: Bollginer Special Cuvee, Bollinger Rose, Bollinger La Grande Annee Rose 2002, Bollinger La Grande Annee 2002.

Afterward, guests mingled and tasted over 75 champagne, sparkling, cava and prosecco at the champagne festival.

As Madame Lilly Bollinger said about her favourite champagne:

"I drink it when I’m happy and when I’m sad. Sometimes I drink it when I’m alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I’m not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it—unless I’m thirsty."

Cheers to that!!

www.willowpark.net
www.champagne-bollinger.fr

You may visit the Winter 2011/12 digital edition of City Style and Living magazine (also available in print) at the following address (follow the three simple steps to access the full magazine, online) :

1) go to http://www.citystyleandliving.com
2) click on the 'front cover' image, on the left hand side of your screen
3) to flip through the e-magazine, click on the bottom right hand corner
of the magazine, just as you would our print magazine!

Follow us on twitter @CityStyleMag

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...