Heart Fondant Chocolate Cakes
1/2 cup of chocolate
1/3 cup of butter plus a knob of butter for the moulds
1/2 cup of flour
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/390°F .
- Melt the chocolate and the butter in a double boiler.
- *Mix the sugar, the flour and the eggs in a salad bowl.
- Add the melted chocolate/butter mixture, and then mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the mini cocottes which you should have buttered beforehand (flour should be sprinkled onto these before pouring in the mixture, to make it easy to remove the moulds afterwards).
- Cook for between 10 and 15 minutes. The fondant should be cooked on the top and very creamy inside.
- Remove from the mould right away, and serve with a scoop of ice cream.
- Bon Appétit!
Le Creuset is available in Calgary at Chinook Centre
You may visit the Winter 2011/12 digital edition of City Style and Living magazine (also available in print) at the following address (follow the three simple steps to access the full magazine, online) :
1) go to http://www.citystyleandliving.com
2) click on the 'front cover' image, on the left hand side of your screen
3) to flip through the e-magazine, click on the bottom right hand corner
of the magazine, just as you would our print magazine!
Follow us on twitter @CityStyleMag