Monday, November 12, 2012
HEALTHY PORTOBELLO PIZZA WITH MOZZARELLISSIMA CHEESE
Mozzarellissima Portobello Pizza by Sabrina Tutino.
Classic pizza gets a gourmet transformation with this recipe. Swapping out traditional crust for a Portobello mushroom is an easy, fun and carb-free way to add variety to a traditional favourite. Try varying the sizes of mushrooms to create small appetizer-sized pizzas, or larger individual-sized pizzas.
*The recipe can also be used with cremini mushrooms (baby portobello's), as delightful appetizer for the holiday season
Makes: 4 pizzas
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 to 15 minutes
4 Portobello mushrooms
2 tomatoes, diced
4 tbsp (60 mL) olive tapenade (or finely chopped olives)
1 handful spinach
salt and pepper, to taste
7 oz (200 g) Mozzarellissima, grated and divided
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Clean each mushroom with wet paper towel and cut off the stems.
3. In a small bowl, gently toss together diced tomatoes, tapenade and spinach.
4. Lightly sprinkle the mushrooms with salt and pepper, then spoon tomato mixture into the
mushroom caps and top with grated Mozzarellissima.
5. Bake on a lightly greased baking sheet for 15 minutes, or until mushrooms are cooked and cheese is
More great recipes can be found online at: