Photo Courtesy Robin Hood Flour
Robin Hood Flour White Chocolate Mini Cakes Recipe:
These mini cakes are made for big celebrations! Decorate to suit the occasion
Prep: 20 minutes | Bake: 30 minutes | Makes: 35 mini cakes | Freezing: excellent
1 cup (250 mL) butter, softened
1 ½ cups (375 mL) granulated sugar
2 tsp (10 mL) pure vanilla extract
1 cup (250 mL) white chocolate, melted and cooled
3 cups (750 mL) Robin Hood® All Purpose Flour
1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
½ tsp (2 mL) baking soda
¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
1 cup (250 mL) milk
3 cups (750 mL) icing sugar
1 cup (250 mL) Crisco® All Vegetable Shortening
½ cup (125 mL) white chocolate, melted and cooled
6 tbsp (90 mL) milk
1 tsp (5 mL) pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 12” x 18” (30 cm x 46 cm) baking sheet with 1” (2.5 cm) sides with parchment paper.
2. Cake: Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, cream butter and sugar, 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and white chocolate. Beat until combined.
3. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients. With mixer on low speed, alternately add dry ingredients and milk to the batter in 3 parts, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
4. Pour batter onto prepared sheet and spread evenly. Bake in preheated oven, 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centre of cake comes out clean. Cool on wire rack on sheet, 20 minutes.
5. Cut cake into 2” (5 cm) squares or use any cookie cutters to cut mini cakes into shapes. 6. Icing: In a large bowl, beat all ingredients for icing. Beat on low speed for 1 minute; continue beating on medium-high speed for 4 minutes. Icing will be very fluffy. Ice cakes and decorate.
Visit RobinHood.ca where you can also join the Robin Hood Baking Hour™ for exclusive recipes, family baking tips, activities and more.